Episode 72 – Recorded May 13, 2011, at the 53rd Debs – Thomas – Harrington Dinner in Chicago.
Our featured speaker for that evening was Ralph Martire, Executive Director of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability in Chicago. In this presentation, Martire contends the wreckage of our public institutions, our soaring private and public debt, our stagnating economy, the growing stench of racism in our politics: These are the natural outcome of an intentional, decades-long policy of massively redistributing wealth to those who were already very very wealthy.
Use the audio player below:
or download (right-click) to listen later:
Music by Brandon Payton-Carrillo.
- Ralph Martire
- Center for Tax and Budget Accountability
- State of Working America: When Income Grows, Who Gains? (Interactive)
- Chicago Political Economy Group
- Economic Policy Institute
- The Campaign for a LaSalle Street Tax
- Illinois Citizens for the Robin Hood Tax on Wall Street